Look, when your blog designer and one of your favorite bloggers (and biggest supporters from nearly day one) ask you to answer 11 questions, you do it! Kristin at A Simply Klassic Home tagged me and I loved her questions, so here we go!
- If you could spend the day with your favorite blogger, who would it be and why? What would you do? Oh, this is an easy one! I would spend the day shopping with my Blogging Best Friend Forever-BBFF- Megan from Feathers and Freckles (she is a thrifting genius!)
- What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? I love Neopolitan, but I really prefer banana splits!!
- What current decorating/design/clothing trend do you despise? Oh my Gosh! What the crap is up with all the hipster glasses? My dad wore then in the 80s. They were dorky then, and they are hideous now (at least in my humble opinion).
- What TV show are you embarrassed to admit that you watch? I'm not embarrassed to admit to watching a butt ton of TV. I love my DVR. I watch a ton of crappy reality TV- hoarding shows, tattoo shows, modeling shows, true crime shows, but I guess the one that I feel like I have to defend the most is "Tori and Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood". I love them! They seem very much in love, but they don't gloss over the fighting or the frustrations of life with kids or navigating marriage. However, most people are very dismissive of the show. Don't be! Give it a shot!
- Who or what inspired you to start blogging? I answer this in part in a question later on, but I starting reading a bunch of blogs (thanks, Pinterest!) and I was disappointed that so few focused on the curvy/plus-size/ big girl crowd because I know we are out there and we want to look good too, darn it! At the same time, I had a student (I am a HS English and journalism teacher) interview me for the school newspaper about my sense of "style". I was so shocked and appreciative. Coupled with the fact that I couldn't find blogs for women my size, those two things were the catalyst to begin Hems for Her.