By the midway point of the week, my brain is drained. I am totally frazzled. I can't think about much except the weekend. So I thought I'd share "10 Things You Probably Don't Know About Me". Prepare to be amazed, disgusted, astounded, and shocked (maybe all at the same time, but hopefully not).
1. I can burp on demand. I don't know why I learned to do this, but at some point in my elementary years my step-sister taught me how. It amazes my high school students and amuses my son. It's a win-win.
2. I love horror movies, but I hate haunted houses. I had a terrible experience in one as a YOUNG child (like 2 or 3 years old) and I have been too scared to try again. Don't ask me why my father thought it was a good idea- clearly it wasn't.
3. I hate showering. I know that's disgusting. Let me clarify. I hate showering but I still do it regularly. It is the BIGGEST waste of time, and once I get out, I am exhausted and I don't want to do anything except go to sleep. That's bad in the mornings.
4. I would take a nap every single day if I could. Most days I do. Seven years ago I was "diagnosed" with idiopathic hypersomnia (not nearly as awesome as it sounds). A sleep study showed that for no known medical reason I wake up dozens of times through the night. These min-awakenings do a number to my restful sleep patterns, so I am ALWAYS tired. Every day around 3:00 PM I feel as if I have hit a wall. It sucks.
5. I've always wanted to write a book. I mean since like the first grade. That's all I've ever wanted to do. I don't know if I will ever actually write a book and that bums me out a lot. I think I could write a book. It's publishing the book that stresses me out because that's a really tough, competitive market.
6. I am a total perfectionist, and the worst kind. If I can't do something well, I just won't do it. It's a terrible attitude to have and something that has plagued me for years. This is why I won't start writing a book. This is why I hate Zumba. And Running. And math. Should I continue? Fear of not being perfect, or being laughed at for not doing things right is the main reason I don't do many things. Sob.
7. I have five tattoos. Curtis HATES tattoos, but I love them. It's a tough compromise. I sometimes wish I could have the type of life where it would be totally acceptable to be covered in tattoos. I also wish they could create ink that would fade over time, so I could replace old tattoos with new tattoos. That would be awesome.
8. I have had my ears pierced no less than five times over the years. As a child they would get terribly infected, so I would lets the holes grow up. When I was twenty-one I decided to get them pierced again for the first time in over 10 years. Curtis went with me to the Claire's at the local mall. I got my ears pierced, hopped off the stool, walked over to the register, and promptly announced that I was going to throw up. And I did. The girl working the register had just enough time to hand me a shopping bag to puke in. A Claire's shopping bag, a.k.a the tiniest accessory bag ever. Not my proudest moment.
9. My clock in my classroom is five minutes slow. My clock in my car is five minutes fast. My watch is set on actual time. There's a method to my madness, but it doesn't really matter.
10. These boots don't belong to me. They are my best friend's, and they are more expensive than all my boots combined. She left them at my house. I'm trying to see how long it takes her to realize I've got them ;)